Lista Tag Utenti

Pagina 1 di 2 12 UltimaUltima
Risultati da 1 a 10 di 13

Discussione: Review: Reo Grand VV (only english)

Esperto in Box Mod
    ESP User
    Very Old Poster L'avatar di ufo
    P.Vaporizer
    REO's all; SweetVV;BettiIII; EverVV; Dam'nVV; GGT
    Citato in
    2346 Post(s)
    Taggato in
    24 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanks ricevuti: 3,384 in 1,852 Posts

Predefinito Review: Reo Grand VV (only english)

PREMESSA

Visto che ormai il nostro forum comincia ad avere una certa visibilità internazionale, ho deciso di postare anche qui, oltre che su ECF, la mia recensione sul Grand VV tradotta in inglese.
    Credo sia proficuo per la nostra comunità iniziare, ad avere qualche 3d in lingua inglese, oltre quei pochissimi già esistenti, in modo da incentivare le visite (e magari iscrizioni) anche da parte di svapatori non italiani.

Ne approfitto anche per chiedere a @gorman o a chiunque abbia una buona scioltezza con l'inglese (soprattutto quello tecnico), di farmi da revisore di bozze. Ovviamente dietro compenso in rep.
    Preciso che, rispetto alla versione in italiano, ho fatto qualche piccola modifica, proprio per adattarsi anche ad una utenza "generica": quindi ho tolto le menzioni ed i riferimenti ad utenti di questo forum che avevo citato nella rece originale, oltre ad aver tagliato alcune piccole parti "scherzose e goliardiche" che solo tra noi possiamo apprezzare, ma che non si addicono certo ad un pubblico estraneo alle dinamiche del forum.
    Spero, come ho detto, che questo piccolo contributo possa servire a dare un pò più di visibilità al forum e spero anche, per lo stesso motivo, che in futuro, chiunque se la senta, posterà le proprie recensioni anche in versione inglese.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

VARIABLE VOLTAGE REO GRAND

FEATURES AND INITIAL CONSIDERATIONS

The Reo Grand VV is a bottom feeder varivolt that for workmanship, materials and shape is identical to the Reo Grand, with the only aesthetic difference of being slightly higher than the mechanical brother

- Size: 14 mm in height more than the Grand mechanical (ie 99mm against 85mm), other measures are identical.

- workmanship: Compared to the mechanical model, the Grand VV presents an improvement; the corners of the boxes have been rounded (the rear ones then, in a very pronounced way), then seeing the box profile it seems that the Grand VV is thinner of the Grand classic. In addition, rounded corners make seem more streamlined and sleek the box, and also provide a better grip, thus increasing the pleasure and comfort of the handle.

- Tank capacity 6 ml (same bottle and the same tube of Grand)

- Battery: 2x18350 each 3.7v (recommended), but as in many other the box VV in this category, you can also mount the various batt of smaller size, such as 16340 and CR123 (so both Tenergy or the AW LiFePO4)

- Circuit: it is the well known circuit of VV Buzz Pro, which is a voltage regulator with a PWM with a limit of 15 watts. It does not include a display (a choice that, as I always said, I consider appropriate, if it should be aimed at limiting the size). The voltage varies from a minimum of 3.3 V to a maximum of 5.6 v, and allows, of course, variations very fine, of the order of 0.1 v. The adjustment takes place through a toothed wheel located in the right side of the black plastic, which anyone who has had a Grand already knows; the difference is that the plastic of the Grand VV is obviously a bit 'higher, having to hold the circuit VV and their annexed electronic components. The voltage regulation is very comfortable to handle, do not need screwdrivers or laborious work, you just slide the door a little down, and then adjustment ring is now at your fingertips.

- Switch: lever on / off switch located on the right side of the support of black plastic, just below the adjustment ring of voltage

- The material: I need not to describe it. Anyone who has taken up a Grand, can be sure that rediscover the exact same "granitic" feeling of solidity and reliability provided by a good monoblock of machined aluminum and fully anodized.

-button: the much-discussed side button, on which Rob focused long to decide as it should be and where it should be placed, is, in my opinion, an excellent choice (now, in retrospect, I can say that Rob has done well to take time necessary, because even a simple button can be an important detail both from the functional point of view, as on the purely aesthetic one): small and easy to press, as the button of a Ego, also has the advantage of not disturbing the linearity of the PV: it was, in fact, placed in a small alcove on the side of the box and not protruding at all. It is flush with the rest of the box (and this aesthetic particular, in my opinion, exalts even more the clean shapes that has always characterized the Reos).

- Weight: I preferred to measure the true weight of the box, which is what we carry around every day, with atom and batt mounted. The weight of the Grand VV is about 179g (I say approximately because the bottle was half full), compared to 172g of the classic Grand identically configured (atom 510 and two batt 18350).

STRUCTURAL-AESTHETIC EVALUATION

Well, what I think about the structural and aesthetic plan is not a secret, because I mentioned earlier as the Grand VV, in my opinion, is an authentic "pleasure" for the eyes and for touch. I speak, of course, as a lover of the line of the classic Grand, which I always considered (and is not a secret) a point of reference, both in terms of size (very balanced and proportionate), as well as on that of the line (simple, linear and essential but at the same time solid and robust, so that the Grand has become the paradigm of PV "for any occasion"). Well, when I checked out the Grand VV from its packaging and I picked up for the first time, I was surprised at how similar the two were and of how the new Reo was even more beautiful than I had imagined seeing the pictures . I found the line, the compactness and robustness of my beloved Grand, but with the addition of details (like the new buttons, rounded corners and, of course, the circuit VV) that make, in my opinion, this box unique in its kind. In fact, concerning the boxmods VV of big size (ie for batt 18350) there are a lot (as the most experts vapers well known); most of them tend to "very large" size, while some of them (such as the Bogger VV) can take place within the limits of "medium-large" size. Now, as manic of measures and portability, I was really pleased to see that the Grand VV has a size that could almost be considered "medium", because I use, transport, and put it in my pocket exactly like my old beloved Grand, and those 14mm of difference in height are hardly to feel.
    Probably, in the category for 18350, Grand VV is the box that currently has the best size / portability / performance ratio among all those known to me (and I say this being a holder of a Bogger VV, which until now was considered for lines and size, one of the most optimized on the market ... well the Grand VV is much more comfortable and considerably less bulky). In fact, its structure is optimized perfectly in order to reduce the size (thanks also to the small circuit of Buzz). I have seen no waste of space and everything seems designed for maximum efficiency in minimum space .... In short, it can be noticed at first sight like every single detail has not been left to chance.
    Here are some pictures to give an idea of its shape, its dimensions and also of any divergence from classic Grand that everyone know and from one of the smallest box VV for batt 18350 on the market,

Also with regard to the interior, it can be seen the touch of the house Reosmods: a cleaning and a simplicity identical to that of Grand mechanic. No wires, nothing of superfluous, no electric elements which can break or make uncomfortable replacing the batt or the bottle. The circuit, in fact, is completely preserved behind the usual element of black plastic (also present on Grand), on which, as I said before, are encased also the small on-off lever and the wheel to adjust the voltage.
    Here are some internal pictures to illustrate better what I wrote:

Reo GrandVV, Reo Grand, Mini,Wood/ Betti III/ BoggerVV/ Dam'n Small VV/ Evercool VV/SweetVV/ OldGoat5v/ GGT/AFS v1 v2/Galileo/ 637/ JS-v2 /DSE905 / EgoVV/ Janty dura-c/ Titan megapower/ Creator901/ Evo/ 81mm, ecc...
    Guida rapida sui REOSmods:cliccare qui

2. I seguenti User ringraziano:

Esperto in Box Mod
    ESP User
    P.Vaporizer
    Citato in
    2346 Post(s)
    Taggato in
    24 Thread(s)
    Thanks

Predefinito

We come to some limitations that is necessary to mention.

1) As mentioned at the beginning, the material of the Grand VV is solid aluminum and, personally, I have found the same feeling of solidity that I always had alone and only holding a "rock" as the Grand, which, for my taste tactile , is unique and incomparable. However, my feeling is somewhat subjective, given that many of boxmods lovers prefer the warmth and the softness of the wood. So this box is not, of course, indicated to those seeking the naturalness of the contact with a wood.

2) Aluminum has all the advantages that we well know, but its only limitation is perhaps the weight. The Grand VV, as you have seen from the characteristics listed, weighs only a few grams more of the Classic Grand. However, compared to a wooden box, is certainly more heavy, especially if it is a mechanically operated Wood. However, with a Wood box VV, the difference becomes less pronounced, almost negligible, since a box VV in wood of the same category, like the Bogger VV, weighs only about 5 grams less than the Grand VV. Therefore, those who are very sensitive to the weight of a PV, keep into account this point.
    3) As I have tried to find other defects, but I have not succeeded

TESTS AND COMPARISONS

Here at last the most awaited part of each review, which is that about the performance.

First, a brief mention to the feeding system: as expected it is completely identical to that of any other REO (which in this area continues to maintain a prominent place, given the ease in the squonking, the abundance of flux and the low pressure that should be exercised to wet well the atom). The bottle and the tube are, of course, the same of the Grand mechanic, so who are already familiar with it will be immediately at his ease... and, then, will find already at home some spare parts too

1. Instrumental measurements

Now, the Grand VV, set to any voltage (from 3.3 to 5.6 v.) and measured without an atom, ie no load, returns exactly the value that was set. "What a great miracle!!!", You're probably saying. Well, the beauty is that it does the same even under load, in the sense that with the atom it keeps exactly the voltage set without having a minimal loss. To make certain, the earliest test I did was that of the ceiling: 5.5 v with atom 510 from 2 ohms. The result is that the Grand VV keeps perfectly to 5.5 v (about 15.1 watts) without showing any voltage drops, even after hours of use of the batt. For example, while I'm writing this review (late afternoon), I have within it two AW IMR 18350 mounted this morning, with which I have already consumed approximately 2.5 ml of liquid (so, batt very stressed). I just did a measurement with my digital voltmeter and the result was again 5.5 V under load.

One warning: take these values as "indicative", since we are talking of a VV with a PWM (in these cases, in the absence of an oscilloscope, by a simple voltmeter you can obtain generally an approximate measure of the “medium voltage” (Vmed), but not of the individual impulses which are those that provide the “effective voltage” (Veff) at which we are vaping). Then I’ll also add my personal impressions of its power, trying to be as objective as possible.

Anyway, back to the measurements, I wanted to report another fact, that I do not know how to explain myself. The limit of the circuit of the Buzz Pro is well known to be 15w. I expected so that fitting an 1.5 ohms atom, with circuit set to maximum, the voltage under load should had adapted accordingly: and instead I was surprised! I put an 1.5 cartom (not an atom, because I'm tired of burning them for testing!!!) and the Grand VV has fried it continuing to maintain its ceiling of 5.5 v, which is, doing a little math: 5,5X5,5/1,5 =20.1W. How is this possible? Immediately I thought that they were not effective (because of the business of PWM) but, going to try to vape (because I am masochistic), I intoxicated to right: maybe they will not have been 20w, but they sure were not the 15w with which I had used the Grand VV until then.
    I do not know what to say about it, I wanted to mention in the review only because it is still one more element of information and also because, perhaps, someone might have read something similar in one of the 3d dedicated to Buzz Pro.

2. Impressions of use

After the debut with the instrumental data, I try to describe my personal impressions in the vaping.
    The Grand VV is an excellent machine. I must confess that since I received it, I'm not touching another (except to make parallel comparisons). I use it assiduously, not only because I am one of the testers, but also because Grand VV is really very satisfying from all points of view. It 's very comfortable, portable, and a true "combat machine ", like my dear, inseparable, Grand. But also stable, constant and flexible, as only an excellent VV can be. I keep it mostly configured between 14 - 15w (which are my own habitual wattage) and I feel that it really keeps them "in fluency", with a stability and consistency of performance that, given my long drawn (7-8 seconds), I cannot help but appreciate it. Even the 'autonomy appears to be excellent: with a pair of batt, it seems to me that I am able to vape longer than I can do with all my others VV.

3. Comparisons with the Reo Grand (and mechanical boxes in general)

Compared to the Reo Grand, or any other mechanical PVs, I need not to dwell much on the benefits and gains in performance that offers a good VV. For example, with the Grand VV adjusted to 5.2-5.3 v and a 510 at 2 ohm, you get more or less the satisfactions of a Reo at 6.4 v with the same atom. However, the advantage of constant performance and autonomy make a certain difference, given that with Grand VV, I have my 15 watts “fixed” for hours and every single shot is identical to the next, while a mechanic does not do this. For lovers of the 3.7v, or at least of the medium wattages (most vaper in fact uses between 10 and 12w) instead, the gain in satisfaction is even greater, since, as on any VV, you can set calibrated voltages according to the resistance of the atom; for example, a 1.5 ohm can be used at 4v or 4.2v, that, with a mechanic and a 3.7 v batt, is not possible.

4. Impressions in relation to other boxes VV

For what I have seen so far, I am inclined to confirm the positive feedback that can be read on the web about the high quality of the the circuit of the Buzz Pro, because the GrandVV gave me the impression of being equipped with a great circuit, very stable and efficient. Under these points of view, I have no doubt that it exceeds the performance of the various circuits in circulation that I've tried (Murata T-okr, Lm 2596, etc. ..), and from what I can tell "by feel" (hoping my lungs assist me again: D), it seems slightly more efficient than the well-known de-swadj3, which, however, has the advantage of not having the limit of the 5.5v. Having this limit, it is obvious that the harder vapers, like myself, have to use atom with low resistances to get more satisfaction, because, using an HVatom, it will not be possible to set the voltage at 6 or 6.5v as on de-swadj3. Fortunately for me, I do not have this problem: I use almost exclusively atom of 1.5-2 ohm (2.5 ohm max), I vape mainly between 14 and 15 watts, and when, on certain occasions, I want to do holes in my throat, I appeal to my old good mechanical Grand that, with two IMR 18350, reaches wattages that are prohibitive for any VV.

Here some family pictures.

CONCLUSIONS

This boxmod, is really enjoying for me in all its aspects. Maybe, because I have a particular predilection for the products reosmod’s house, or because I found in a single PV, the comfort, the lines and the joys of the Reo Grand combined with the advantages of a good VV, but I cannot help but express a sincere appreciation for this PV. I have made my better for being more honest and objective as possible in describing the PV (which is not easy, given my love for Reos).
    Surely (and this is inevitable) each review is always a bit “polluted”, positively or negatively, by the personal tastes of the one who wrote it, and probably also this is so. Therefore, I do not see conclusion more honest than saying: assess accurately, and listen also all opinions of others who have tried this wonderful mod (as I always said, the only kind of objectivity we can hope lies in the plurality and never in the judgment of an individual) ..... on my side, however, always to be honest, I must add one last detail: I'm seriously considering getting another Grand VV, saw that my passion has always been the black / black

Good read

Ufo

Reo GrandVV, Reo Grand, Mini,Wood/ Betti III/ BoggerVV/ Dam'n Small VV/ Evercool VV/SweetVV/ OldGoat5v/ GGT/AFS v1 v2/Galileo/ 637/ JS-v2 /DSE905 / EgoVV/ Janty dura-c/ Titan megapower/ Creator901/ Evo/ 81mm, ecc...

4. I seguenti User ringraziano:

ESP User
    L'avatar di gorman
    P.Vaporizer
    VT Inbox + Hadaly
    Citato in
    172 Post(s)
    Taggato in
    5 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanks ricevuti: 308 in 150 Posts

Predefinito

Citazione Originariamente Scritto da ufo Visualizza Messaggio
    PREMESSA

Visto che ormai il nostro forum comincia ad avere una certa visibilità internazionale, ho deciso di postare anche qui, oltre che su ECF, la mia recensione sul Grand VV tradotta in inglese.
    Credo sia proficuo per la nostra comunità iniziare, ad avere qualche 3d in lingua inglese, oltre quei pochissimi già esistenti, in modo da incentivare le visite (e magari iscrizioni) anche da parte di svapatori non italiani.

Ne approfitto anche per chiedere a @gorman o a chiunque abbia una buona scioltezza con l'inglese (soprattutto quello tecnico), di farmi da revisore di bozze. Ovviamente dietro compenso in rep.
    Preciso che, rispetto alla versione in italiano, ho fatto qualche piccola modifica, proprio per adattarsi anche ad una utenza "generica": quindi ho tolto le menzioni ed i riferimenti ad utenti di questo forum che avevo citato nella rece originale, oltre ad aver tagliato alcune piccole parti "scherzose e goliardiche" che solo tra noi possiamo apprezzare, ma che non si addicono certo ad un pubblico estraneo alle dinamiche del forum.
    Spero, come ho detto, che questo piccolo contributo possa servire a dare un pò più di visibilità al forum e spero anche, per lo stesso motivo, che in futuro, chiunque se la senta, posterà le proprie recensioni anche in versione inglese.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

VARIABLE VOLTAGE REO GRAND

FEATURES AND INITIAL CONSIDERATIONS

The Reo Grand VV is a bottom feeder varivolt identical to the Reo Grand as far as worksmanship, materials and shape are concerned, with the only aesthetic difference of being slightly higher than the mechanical brother

- Size: 14 mm in height more than the Grand mechanical (ie 99mm against 85mm), other measures are identical.

- workmanship: Compared to the mechanical model, the Grand VV presents an improvement; the corners of the boxes have been rounded (the rear ones then, in a very pronounced way), leading to the box profile appearing thinner than in the Grand classic. In addition, rounded corners make the box seem more streamlined and sleek, and also provide a better grip, thus increasing the pleasure and comfort while handling it.

- Tank capacity 6 ml (same bottle and the same tube of Grand)

- Battery: 2x18350 each 3.7v (recommended), but as in many other VV boxes in this category, you can also mount the several batteries of smaller size, such as 16340 and CR123 (so both Tenergy or the AW LiFePO4)

- Circuit: it is the well known circuit of VV Buzz Pro, which is a PWM voltage regulator with a 15 watts limit. It does not include a display (a choice that, as I always said, I consider appropriate, when aimed at reducing a box size). The voltage varies from a minimum of 3.3 V to a maximum of 5.6 v, and allows, of course, very fine variations, of the order of 0.1 v. The adjustment takes place through a toothed wheel located in the right side of the black plastic, which anyone who has had a Grand already knows; the difference is that the plastic of the Grand VV is obviously a bit 'taller', having to hold the circuit VV and their annexed electronic components. The voltage regulation is very comfortable to manage, it doesn't need screwdrivers or laborious work: you just slide a little down the door and the adjustment wheel is at your fingertips.

- Switch: lever on / off switch located on the right side of the support of black plastic, just below the voltage adjustment wheel

- The material: I need not to describe it. Anyone who has taken up a Grand, can be sure to rediscover the exact same "granitic" feeling of solidity and reliability provided by a good monoblock of machined, fully anodized aluminum.

-button: the much-discussed side button, on which Rob focused for a long time in order to decide its placement and form, is, in my opinion, an excellent choice (now, in retrospect, I can say that Rob has done well to take his time, because even a simple button can be an important detail both from the functional point of view, as on the purely aesthetic one): small and easy to press, as the button of a Ego, also has the advantage of not disturbing the linearity of the PV: it was, in fact, placed in a small alcove on the side of the box and not protruding at all. It is flush with the rest of the box (and this aesthetic particular, in my opinion, exalts even more the clean shapes that has always characterized the Reos).

- Weight: I preferred to measure the true weight of the box, which is what we carry around every day, with atom and batt mounted. The weight of the Grand VV is about 179g (I say approximately because the bottle was half full), compared to 172g of the classic Grand identically configured (atom 510 and two batt 18350).

STRUCTURAL-AESTHETIC EVALUATION

Well, what I think about the structural and aesthetic plan is not a secret, because as I mentioned earlier the Grand VV, in my opinion, is an authentic "pleasure" for sight and touch. I speak, of course, as a lover of the line of the classic Grand, which I've always considered (and it's not a secret) a point of reference, both in terms of size (very balanced and proportionate), as well as on that of the line (simple, linear and essential but at the same time solid and robust, so that the Grand has become the paradigm of PV "for any occasion"). Well, when I checked out the Grand VV from its packaging and I picked it up for the first time, I was surprised at how similar the two were and of how the new Reo was even more beautiful than I had imagined by seeing its pictures. I found the line, the compactness and robustness of my beloved Grand, but with the addition of details (like the new buttons, rounded corners and, of course, the VV circuit) that make, in my opinion, this box unique in its kind. In fact, as far as VV big-sized boxmods (ie for batt 18350) are concerned, there's a lot of choice (as the most experts vapers well known); most of them tend to "very large" size, while some of them (such as the Bogger VV) manage to stay within the limits of "medium-large" size. Now, as a manic of measures and portability, I was really pleased to see that the Grand VV has a size that could almost be considered "medium", because I use it, transport it, and put it in my pocket exactly like my old beloved Grand, and I hardly notice those 14mm of difference in height.
    Probably, in the 18350 category, Grand VV is the box that currently has the best size / portability / performance ratio among all those known to me (and I say this being a owner of a Bogger VV, which until now was considered for lines and size, one of the most optimized on the market ... well the Grand VV is much more comfortable and considerably less bulky). In fact, its structure is optimized perfectly in order to reduce the size (thanks also to the small circuit of Buzz). I have seen no waste of space and everything seems designed for maximum efficiency in minimum space .... In short, it can be noticed at first sight how every single detail has not been left to chance.
    Here are some pictures to give an idea of its shape, its dimensions and also of any divergence from classic Grand that everyone knows and from one of the smallest box VV for batt 18350 on the market,

Also with regard to the interior, we can notice the touch of 'House Reosmods': clean and simple design, identical to that of Grand mechanic. No wires, nothing superfluous, no electric elements which can break or make uncomfortable replacing the battery or the bottle. The circuit, in fact, is completely encapsulated behind the usual element of black plastic (also present on Grand), which, as mentioned before, also includes the small on-off lever and the wheel to adjust the voltage.
    Here are some internal pictures to illustrate better what I wrote:

@ufo prima parte sistemata.
    Ultima modifica di ufo; 19-06-2012 alle 11:28
    Guida all'uso delle batterie per big battery e bottom feeder: Clic!

6. Il seguente User ringrazia :

ufo

Esperto in Box Mod
    ESP User
    P.Vaporizer
    Citato in
    2346 Post(s)
    Taggato in
    24 Thread(s)
    Thanks

Predefinito

@gorman ti ringrazio, ma non vedendo il tuo intervento, ieri l'ho postata così come era. A quanto pare è piaciuta molto; la hanno addirittura messa in rilievo in un 3d apposito che Lisa ha anche indicizzato: si vede che, tutto sommato, nel tradurre non devo aver commesso tanti scempi.....o almeno spero: magari l'ho fatto e si sono tutti congratulati solo per pura cortesia

ESP User
    L'avatar di gorman
    P.Vaporizer
    VT Inbox + Hadaly
    Citato in
    172 Post(s)
    Taggato in
    5 Thread(s)
    Thanks

Predefinito

Let's talk about some limitations, which are worth pointing out.

1) As mentioned at the beginning, the material of the Grand VV is solid aluminum and, personally, I have found the same feeling of solidity that I've only had by holding a "rock" as the Grand, which, for my tactile taste, is unique and incomparable. My feeling, however, is somewhat subjective, given that many boxmods lovers prefer the warmth and softness of wood. So this box is not, of course, meant for those seeking the naturalness of contact with wood.

2) Aluminum has all the advantages that we all well know, but its only limitation is perhaps the weight. The Grand VV, as you have seen from the characteristics listed, weighs only a few grams more than the Classic Grand. However, compared to a wooden box, it is certainly heavier, especially if we talk about a mechanically operated Wood. However, with a Wood box VV, the difference becomes less pronounced, almost negligible, since a box VV in wood of the same category, like the Bogger VV, weighs only about 5 grams less than the Grand VV. Therefore, those who are very sensitive to the weight of a PV, would do well to keep this point into account.
    3) I tried to find other weak points, but I have not succeeded

TESTS AND COMPARISONS

Here, at last, the most awaited part of each review: performance.

First, a brief mention of the feeding system: as expected it is completely identical to that of any other REO (which in this area continues to maintain a prominent place, given the ease in squonking, the abundance of flux and the low pressure that needs to be exercised to keep the atom well wet). The bottle and the tube are identical to the mechanic Grand's ones, so those already familiar with it will feel immediately at home... and, then, they will find at home some spare parts too

1. Instrumental measurements

Now, the Grand VV, set to any voltage (from 3.3 to 5.6 v.) and measured without an atom, ie no load, returns exactly the value that was set. "What a great miracle!!!", you're probably saying. Well, the beauty is that it does the same even under load, meaning that with the atom under load it keeps exactly the voltage set without having a minimal loss. To make certain, the earliest test I did was that of the ceiling: 5.5 v with a 510 2ohm atom. The result is that the Grand VV keeps perfectly to 5.5 v (about 15.1 watts) without showing any voltage drops, even after hours of use of the same battery set. For example, while I'm writing this review (late afternoon), I'm using two AW IMR 18350 mounted this morning, with which I have already consumed approximately 2.5 ml of liquid (so, batteries have been very stressed). I just did a measurement with my digital voltmeter and the result was again 5.5 V under load.

One warning: take these values as "indicative", since we are talking of a VV with a PWM (in these cases, in the absence of an oscilloscope, with a simple voltmeter you can obtain generally an approximate measure of the “medium voltage” (Vmed), but not of the individual impulses which are those that provide the “effective voltage” (Veff) at which we are vaping). I’ll also add my personal impressions of its power later, trying to be as objective as possible.

Anyway, back to the measurements, I wanted to report another fact, that I don't know how to explain. The limit of the circuit of the Buzz Pro is well known to be 15W. So I expected that fitting an 1.5 ohms atom, with circuit set to maximum, the voltage under load should have adapted accordingly: instead, I was surprised! I put an 1.5 cartom (not an atom, because I'm tired of burning them for testing!!!) and the Grand VV fried it continuing to maintain its ceiling of 5.5 v, which is, doing a little math: 5,5X5,5/1,5 =20.1W. How is this possible? Immediately I thought that they were not actual volts (taking into account the vagaries of PWM measurements) but, trying to vape it (because I am masochistic ), I intoxicated myself: maybe they were not 20W, but they sure were not the 15W with which I had used the Grand VV until then.
    I do not know what to say about it, I wanted to mention this in the review only because it is still one more element of information and also because, perhaps, someone might have read something similar in one of the threads dedicated to Buzz Pro.

2. Impressions of use

After the debut with the instrumental data, I try to describe my personal impressions while vaping.
    The Grand VV is an excellent machine. I must confess that since I received it, I'm not touching any other box (except when needed to make comparisons). I use it assiduously, not only because I am one of the testers, but also because Grand VV is really very satisfying from all points of view. It 's very comfortable, portable, and a true "combat machine ", like my dear, inseparable, Grand. But also stable, constant and flexible, as only an excellent VV can be. I keep it mostly configured between 14-15W (which are my own habitual wattage) and I feel that it really keeps them "with flair and ease", with a stability and consistency of performance that, given my long draws (7-8 seconds), I cannot help but appreciate. Even the 'autonomy' appears to be excellent: with a pair of batt, it seems to me that I am able to vape longer than I can do with all my other VVs.

3. Comparisons with the Reo Grand (and mechanical boxes in general)

Compared to the Reo Grand, or any other mechanical PVs, I need not to dwell much on the benefits and gains in performance offered by a good VV. For example, with the Grand VV adjusted to 5.2-5.3 v and a 510 at 2 ohm, you get more or less the satisfactions of a Reo at 6.4 v with the same atom. However, the advantage of constant performance and autonomy make a certain difference, given that with Grand VV, I have my 15 watts “fixed” for hours and every single shot is identical to the next, while a mechanic does not do this. For lovers of the 3.7v, or at least of the medium wattages (most vapers in fact use between 10 and 12w) instead, the gain in satisfaction is even greater, since, as on any VV, you can set calibrated voltages according to the resistance of the atom; for example, a 1.5 ohm can be used at 4v or 4.2v, something that, with a mechanic and a 3.7 v batt, is quite simply not possible.

4. Impressions in relation to other boxes VV

For what I have seen so far, I am inclined to confirm the positive feedback that can be read on the web about the high quality of the Buzz Pro circuit, because the Grand VV gave me the impression of being equipped with a great circuit, very stable and efficient. Under these points of view, I have no doubt that it exceeds the performance of the various circuits in circulation that I've tried (Murata T-okr, Lm 2596, etc. ..), and from what I can tell "by feel" (hoping my lungs assist me again: D), it seems slightly more efficient than the well-known de-swadj3, which, however, has the advantage of not having the limit of the 5.5v. Having this limit, it is obvious that the harder vapers, like myself, have to use atom with low resistances to get more satisfaction, because, using an HVatom, it will not be possible to set the voltage at 6 or 6.5v as on de-swadj3. Fortunately for me, I do not have this problem: I use almost exclusively atom of 1.5-2 ohm (2.5 ohm max), I vape mainly between 14 and 15 watts, and when, on certain occasions, I want to do holes in my throat, I appeal to my old good mechanical Grand that, with two IMR 18350, reaches wattages that are prohibitive for any VV.

Here some family pictures.

CONCLUSIONS

This boxmod, is really satisfying for me in all its aspects. Maybe because I have a particular predilection for Reosmod's products or because I found, in a single PV, the comfort, the lines and the joys of the Reo Grand, combined with the advantages of a good VV. All in all, I cannot help but express a sincere appreciation for this PV. I have done my best trying to be fair, honest and objective in describing the PV (which is not easy, given my love for Reos).
    Surely (and this is inevitable) each review is always a bit “biased”, positively or negatively, by the personal tastes of the one who wrote it, and probably mine is not an exception to this rule. Therefore, I do not see a conclusion more honest than saying: assess accurately and listen also to all other opinions of people who have tried this wonderful mod (as I always said, the only kind of objectivity we can hope for lies in the plurality and never in the judgment of an individual) ... on my side, however, always to be honest, I must add one last detail: I'm seriously considering getting another Grand VV, considering that my passion has always been the black / black

Ufo
    @ufo e qui la seconda parte. Non è che l'abbia resa proprio perfetta, però un po' di interventi qui e là ci sono. Credo possa bastare.

9. I seguenti User ringraziano:

ESP User
    L'avatar di gorman
    P.Vaporizer
    VT Inbox + Hadaly
    Citato in
    172 Post(s)
    Taggato in
    5 Thread(s)
    Thanks

Predefinito

@gorman ti ringrazio, ma non vedendo il tuo intervento, ieri l'ho postata così come era. A quanto pare è piaciuta molto; la hanno addirittura messa in rilievo in un 3d apposito che Lisa ha anche indicizzato: si vede che, tutto sommato, nel tradurre non devo aver commesso tanti scempi.....o almeno spero: magari l'ho fatto e si sono tutti congratulati solo per pura cortesia
    Beh, io in compenso ho visto dopo questo tuo messaggio... magari potresti chiedere a Lisa di sostituire quel testo con questo. Un po' di passaggi maccheronici c'erano. Almeno non avrei fatto il lavoro per niente.

11. Il seguente User ringrazia :

ufo

Esperto in Box Mod
    ESP User
    P.Vaporizer
    Citato in
    2346 Post(s)
    Taggato in
    24 Thread(s)
    Thanks

Predefinito

Citazione Originariamente Scritto da gorman Visualizza Messaggio
    Beh, io in compenso ho visto dopo questo tuo messaggio... magari potresti chiedere a Lisa di sostituire quel testo con questo. Un po' di passaggi maccheronici c'erano. Almeno non avrei fatto il lavoro per niente.
    Hai ragione, poveretto: dopo tutto sto lavoraccio che ti ho fatto sorbire.
    Stasera chiederò a Lisa se è possibile sostituirla, ma intanto ti ringrazio veramente per quello che hai fatto e, appena il sistema me lo consente, ti riempo di rep

ESP User
    L'avatar di gorman
    P.Vaporizer
    VT Inbox + Hadaly
    Citato in
    172 Post(s)
    Taggato in
    5 Thread(s)
    Thanks

Predefinito

Grazie. La rep non guasta ma è più per non averlo fatto inutilmente.

Reo Assistant
    Shop Online
    L'avatar di Rhapsodies Fire
    Citato in
    19 Post(s)
    Taggato in
    1 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanks ricevuti: 82 in 41 Posts

Predefinito

@ufo I am happy to edit as needed. Just send me PM with new text and where you wish me to place it.

And no, the praise is not just for politeness...they genuinely appreciate your work. As you well know, not everyone is thorough in their reviews.

Esperto in Box Mod
    ESP User
    P.Vaporizer
    Citato in
    2346 Post(s)
    Taggato in
    24 Thread(s)
    Thanks

Predefinito

Citazione Originariamente Scritto da Rhapsodies Fire Visualizza Messaggio
    @ufo I am happy to edit as needed. Just send me PM with new text and where you wish me to place it.

And no, the praise is not just for politeness...they genuinely appreciate your work. As you well know, not everyone is thorough in their reviews.
    As usual, your words sound like music for me.
    Thank you dear Lisa

Pagina 1 di 2 12 UltimaUltima